CAMAF Member Option Guides & Info

Network Choice 2019 [Brochure]

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue


Page 36 of 36

NETWORK CHOICE 2019 37 COMPLAINTS & DISPUTES Who do I contact if I have a query? The CAMAF call centre on 0860 100 545 or email them on What do I do if I have a dispute with the scheme? Members may lodge their complaint in writing to the scheme. You can expect a written reply within 30 days of receipt of your complaint / dispute. If satisfaction is not obtained as a result of the normal escalation process, it will be referred by the Principal Officer to the Disputes Committee, which is appointed by the Board. A meeting will be convened by giving not less than 21 days' notice in writing to the scheme member and the disputes committee giving the date, time, place and details of the dispute. A member has the right to be heard at these proceedings either in person or through a representative. What do I do if I am not satisfied with the service offered by or decisions made by CAMAF? There is a complaints procedure to be followed within the administrators - consult the website. If you have followed this complaints procedure and you still feel aggrieved, you wish to appeal the outcome of a dispute (see above), or believe that the scheme has: • Not made an acceptable clinical decision • Not applied the scheme rules correctly • Contravened the Medical Schemes Act you may contact the Council for Medical Schemes in writing, giving full details of your case and the reasons for your complaint. For a complaint form and contact details go to or send an email to The Council can be contacted telephonically on 012 431 0608.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of CAMAF Member Option Guides & Info - Network Choice 2019 [Brochure]